Narlıca Mountain Marathon 55K
Narlıca Mountain Marathon 55K, which uses paths on the hills from Narlıca to Iznik, includes 2200 meters of climbing and descending at a distance of approximately 55km. It uses the last 55 km of the Iznik Ultra 160K track. The route generally uses smooth dirt roads and narrow paths. It is technical and challenging at times. Run through wonderful natural beauty, local culture and heritage sights.
It is an individual trail run. Starting from Narlıca, passing through Süleymaniye and Derbent, it reaches Iznik from the mountains soutf of Iznik Lake and ends. On the basis of partial proficiency, the athletes carry certain materials constantly, they can get supply and assistance at the points specified below.
Iznik Ultra starts on Saturday 21 May 2022 at 11:30 in Narlıca. It ends in Iznik at 01:30 on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
Track Time Limit – 11 hours
Track Length: 56,8 km
Total Altitude Gain: 2200 m
Total Descend: 2290 m
You can reach the course of the 2021 edition here.
Mountain Marathon 55K course is accredited 3 points by ITRA. Recognized by Columbia ® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®.
Click here to see more details.
|55K Time Table|
|No||Name||Stage Km||Tot Km||Stage D+m||Tot D+m||Stage D-m||Tot D-m||Max time||Cut Of TOD||Type|
|KN5||İznik - Finish||4,5||57,2||6||1950||49||2009||11:00||22:30||YEMEK|
Nutrion on Course and CheckpointsThere are fountains alongside the road as the course follow village roads. Most safe if used to regional biospshere.
• Drinking Water will be available almost at all of the checkpoints.
• 3 levels of refreshment points will be available:
- Su: There will be water and may be coke too.
- Mini: Water, coke, tea, coffee, chocolate, biscuits, crackers, some fruit (banana, mandarin slices, etc.), and soup at some of the locations.
- Ikmal: All the supplies that mini offers plus support crew can assist their runner.
• Each participant will use his/her own cup for drinks.
• Yemek: Warm food served near finish line in Iznik, for runners.
By 19:00 every competitor must wear Hi-vis vest or belt and have their lights on before passing Derbent Control Point or they may be disqualified.