Iznik Ultra Marathon 160K
Iznik Ultra Marathon is an individual trail race. Starts and finishes in 3000 year old Iznik. Route circumnavigates Lake Iznik, Turkey's 5th largest lake, counterclockwise. Mostly fast tracks with technical trail sections. Natural beauty, local culture and history is along the route.
Due to semi autonomy concept, trailer carry obligatory equipment and supplies and have limited number of aid stations with defined supplies on course.
Iznik Ultra starts on Friday, 20 May 2022 at 18:00 in Iznik. It ends in Iznik at 03:00 on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
Track Time Limit – 33 hours
Track Length: 166,2 km
Total Altitude Gain: 4930 m
Total Descend: 4930 m
Checkpoint Timetable - 160K
160K TIME TABLE
|NO||NAME||STAGE KM||TOT. KM||STAGE D+M||TOT D+M||STAGE D-M||TOT D-M||MAX TIME||CUT OFF TOD||TYPE|
|KN15||İZNİK - FINISH||4,5||166,2||6||4930||49||4842||33:00||03:00||YEMEK|
Nutrition on Course and Checkpoints
Here are the intermediate points where family/friend support can be obtained on the Iznik Ultra 160K track:
**Athletes cannot receive outside assistance for the remainder of the course.
There are fountains alongside the road as the course follow village roads. Coming abroad, you should use on your own risk.
• Drinking Water will be available almost at all of the checkpoints.
• 3 levels of refreshment points will be available:
- Su: There will be water and may be coke too.
- Mini: Water, coke, tea, coffee, chocolate, biscuits, crackers, some fruit (banana, mandarin slices, etc.), and soup at some of the locations.
- Ikmal: All the supplies that mini offers plus support crew can assist their runner.
• Each participant will use his/her own cup for drinks.
• Participants may put food to their dropbag given at registry to be carried to Sölöz 92K by organization.
After 19:00 every competitor must wear Hi-vis vest or belt and have their lights on before passing Derbent Control Point or they may be disqualified.